You can make a difference.
You can start the transition to strong sustainability now by choosing to opt out of consumerism, switching to renewable energies, buying local, growing your own food and becoming more self-reliant in your home. To support SANZ and be more involved in the transition movement, become a member of our organisation.
There is a wealth of information out there about making the transition to strong sustainability, being resilient as the world changes due to climate change and rising oil costs, and moving to a new economic model such as the Steady State Economy. Start searching, and you will find!
There are two classes of membership:
- Organisation (national, regional or local level)
Any individual, business or organization that shares the purpose of SANZ and wishes to contribute to the support of SANZ may become a member.
SANZ membership fee structure
Category Annual Subscription
Plus self-determined regular monthly auto-payment
What does membership of SANZ mean?
Becoming a member of SANZ makes you a financial supporter of a practical and non-partisan group that is systematically addressing New Zealand's all-pervasive sustainability issues.
The purpose of SANZ is to:
- To provide intellectual leadership on science- and ethics-based (strong) sustainability.
- To encourage and facilitate debate, action and adoption of science- and ethics-based (strong) sustainability.
It is our ultimate goal to see New Zealand, and the world, move beyond the stepping-stone of weak sustainability and to realise a state of strong sustainability.
To join SANZ
1. Please email email@example.com with "New Member" in the subject line. Please include your name, contact details, postal address and the name of your organisation if you are joining as an organisation.
2. Please pay your subscription by one of the following two payment options.
- By cheque to Sustainable Aotearoa New Zealand (SANZ) Inc. Cheques can be sent to PO Box 11421, Ellerslie, Auckland.
- By direct credit to the SANZ bank account
Bank: National Bank
A/c No.: 06 0193 0346664 00
A/c Name: Sustainable Aotearoa New Zealand
Note: Please include your name in the Payer Reference field so that we can identify your payment.
Membership will commence on receipt of payment at which time we will send you an email confirming your membership.
Any individual, business, or organization that shares the purpose of phase2 and wishes to contribute financially may become a phase2 sponsor.
We are looking for both operational and project-specific sponsorship.
Serving as a sponsor may require ratification by our board.
Please contact us if you are interested in becoming a phase2 sponsor.